Pakistan captain supports day-night tests
KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistan test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has backed an International Cricket Council (ICC) move to introduce day-night tests but suggested initial trials with the coloured ball in first class cricket.
"It is a good move by the ICC but I think first day and night first class matches need to be held regularly as the coloured ball remains an issue," Misbah told reporters.
On Monday the ICC said countries could now agree to play day-night matches. Experiments have been conducted with pink, orange and yellow balls to decide which colour is best in both daylight and under floodlights.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies