Pakistan captain supports day-night tests
KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistan test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has backed an International Cricket Council (ICC) move to introduce day-night tests but suggested initial trials with the coloured ball in first class cricket.
"It is a good move by the ICC but I think first day and night first class matches need to be held regularly as the coloured ball remains an issue," Misbah told reporters.
On Monday the ICC said countries could now agree to play day-night matches. Experiments have been conducted with pink, orange and yellow balls to decide which colour is best in both daylight and under floodlights.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- UPDATE 1-Snow to keep falling in paralyzed western New York another day
- Kotak bank buys ING Vysya in record $2.4 billion share deal
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- India to allow foreign firms mine and sell coal - coal secretary
Sebastian Vettel looked forward to following in Michael Schumacher's Formula One footsteps after Ferrari confirmed on Thursday that the four times world champion would replace Fernando Alonso next season on a three-year deal. Full Article