Raikkonen wins Abu Dhabi thriller
ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Finland's Kimi Raikkonen won an accident-strewn and thrilling Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix for Lotus on Sunday.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso finished second, just 0.8 seconds behind, with Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel a close third to retain the overall championship lead after a race with two safety car interludes.
Vettel, who started from the pit lane, now leads Alonso by 10 points with two races remaining. They are the only drivers still in contention for the title.
The victory was the first of Raikkonen's comeback season and first since the 2007 world champion won in Belgium with Ferrari in 2009. It was also the first win since 1987 by a car racing under the Lotus name.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Team mates will determine success of my captaincy - Kohli
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
Virat Kohli says his team mates will determine the success or otherwise of his captaincy when he takes charge of India in place of Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the first test against Australia next month. Full Article