BofA-ML names Union Bank top govt lender
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgrades Union Bank of India (UNBK.NS) to 'buy' from 'underperform' after the state-run lender reported a surge in July-September earnings on Friday.
BoA-ML says "asset quality was far better than expected," and adds: "We believe the worst is behind us."
The investment bank calls Union Bank its top pick among government-run banks, says earnings to improve on the back of lower credit costs, while margins are showing signs of stability.
BoA-ML also raises its price objective on the stock to 270 rupees from 175 rupees.
Union Bank shares down 1 percent at 220.86 rupees as of 1:56 p.m. after surging 15.7 percent over the previous three sessions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Putin says Russia wants to move to national currencies in trade
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Modi aims to shake up sanitation with Clean India drive
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article