BofA-ML names Union Bank top govt lender
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgrades Union Bank of India (UNBK.NS) to 'buy' from 'underperform' after the state-run lender reported a surge in July-September earnings on Friday.
BoA-ML says "asset quality was far better than expected," and adds: "We believe the worst is behind us."
The investment bank calls Union Bank its top pick among government-run banks, says earnings to improve on the back of lower credit costs, while margins are showing signs of stability.
BoA-ML also raises its price objective on the stock to 270 rupees from 175 rupees.
Union Bank shares down 1 percent at 220.86 rupees as of 1:56 p.m. after surging 15.7 percent over the previous three sessions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
India's largest cigarette maker ITC Ltd on Tuesday said first-quarter net profit grew 16 percent, lagging forecasts although sales beat market expectations. Full Article