Sensex edges higher; defensives lead
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex edged up on Monday, led by gains in defensive stocks such as ITC(ITC.NS) and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories(REDY.NS), while auto stocks such as Bajaj Auto (BAJA.NS) fell on profit-taking, reversing October sales gains.
ITC provisionally rose 1.75 percent while Dr. Reddy's Laboratories gained 1.3 percent.
Bajaj Auto ended 2.3 percent lower, while Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) fell 0.7 percent.
The Sensex provisionally gained 0.04 percent, while the Nifty ended up 0.08 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 6-Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article