Sensex edges higher; defensives lead
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex edged up on Monday, led by gains in defensive stocks such as ITC(ITC.NS) and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories(REDY.NS), while auto stocks such as Bajaj Auto (BAJA.NS) fell on profit-taking, reversing October sales gains.
ITC provisionally rose 1.75 percent while Dr. Reddy's Laboratories gained 1.3 percent.
Bajaj Auto ended 2.3 percent lower, while Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) fell 0.7 percent.
The Sensex provisionally gained 0.04 percent, while the Nifty ended up 0.08 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court makes gay sex illegal again
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- UPDATE 3-GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act
- SEBI cracks down on new funds, asset managers chafe