Sensex edges higher; defensives lead
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex edged up on Monday, led by gains in defensive stocks such as ITC(ITC.NS) and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories(REDY.NS), while auto stocks such as Bajaj Auto (BAJA.NS) fell on profit-taking, reversing October sales gains.
ITC provisionally rose 1.75 percent while Dr. Reddy's Laboratories gained 1.3 percent.
Bajaj Auto ended 2.3 percent lower, while Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) fell 0.7 percent.
The Sensex provisionally gained 0.04 percent, while the Nifty ended up 0.08 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article