Sensex edges higher; defensives lead
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex edged up on Monday, led by gains in defensive stocks such as ITC(ITC.NS) and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories(REDY.NS), while auto stocks such as Bajaj Auto (BAJA.NS) fell on profit-taking, reversing October sales gains.
ITC provisionally rose 1.75 percent while Dr. Reddy's Laboratories gained 1.3 percent.
Bajaj Auto ended 2.3 percent lower, while Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) fell 0.7 percent.
The Sensex provisionally gained 0.04 percent, while the Nifty ended up 0.08 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- In weird Brazilian cave insects, male-female sex organs reversed
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Divers enter South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage