Sensex edges higher; defensives lead
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex edged up on Monday, led by gains in defensive stocks such as ITC(ITC.NS) and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories(REDY.NS), while auto stocks such as Bajaj Auto (BAJA.NS) fell on profit-taking, reversing October sales gains.
ITC provisionally rose 1.75 percent while Dr. Reddy's Laboratories gained 1.3 percent.
Bajaj Auto ended 2.3 percent lower, while Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) fell 0.7 percent.
The Sensex provisionally gained 0.04 percent, while the Nifty ended up 0.08 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article