Broad adds to England's injury worries
MUMBAI (Reuters) - England fast bowler Stuart Broad has suffered a bruised left heel and his progress will be observed over the next couple of days, the country's cricket board (ECB) said on Monday.
The 26-year-old, leading the tourists in the second warm-up game against Mumbai A in place of the rested Alastair Cook, felt discomfort in his left ankle on Sunday and did not bowl after tea.
"Scans show Broad has a bruised left heel. He is fit to field but won't bowl today (Monday)," a text message from the ECB said.
"Progress will be monitored over next couple of days."
The tourists are already sweating over the fitness of paceman Steven Finn, who limped off the field on the opening day of England's first warm-up match with a right thigh strain.
Surrey fast bowler Stuart Meaker has been drafted into England's squad as cover.
England will play their final warm-up match from Thursday against Haryana before the four-test series against India starts in Ahmedabad on November 15. (Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly; Editing by Alastair Himmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Lewis Hamilton completed a hat-trick of wins by leading a Mercedes one-two in the Chinese F1 Grand Prix on Sunday. Team mate Nico Rosberg followed the Briton home for the third race in a row to retain the overall lead in the championship. Full Article