India's Reliance Power Q2 net beats forecast on higher generation
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Indian utility Reliance Power Ltd reported a 2.1 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating expectations helped by higher generation capacity.
The company, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, reported a net profit of 2.4 billion rupees ($44.65 million) for the second quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with 2.35 billion rupees a year ago. Net sales more than doubled to 10.79 billion rupees, it said.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of 2.1 billion rupees according to ThomsonReuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 53.75 rupees) (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni and Aradhana Aravindan in MUMBAI; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars