India's Reliance Power Q2 net beats forecast on higher generation
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Indian utility Reliance Power Ltd reported a 2.1 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating expectations helped by higher generation capacity.
The company, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, reported a net profit of 2.4 billion rupees ($44.65 million) for the second quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with 2.35 billion rupees a year ago. Net sales more than doubled to 10.79 billion rupees, it said.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of 2.1 billion rupees according to ThomsonReuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 53.75 rupees) (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni and Aradhana Aravindan in MUMBAI; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article