Inpex takes 26 pct stake in offshore block from ONGC
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's top oil and gas explorer, Inpex Corp (1605.T), said on Monday it had agreed to acquire a 26 percent stake in an offshore Indian exploration block, KG-DWN-2004/6, from state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC.NS).
After completion of the deal, which is subject to Indian government approval, exploration company ONGC will continue to serve as the block's operator, with a 34 percent stake, Inpex said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Column: Why work with Modi? It’s the economy, stupid
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article