Property stocks gain on festival booking hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Property firms such as HDIL gain on hopes for a pickup in demand tied to the Diwali festival season in mid-November, a time considered auspicious in the country.
"Real estate stock valuations are cheap, huge difference between stock valuations and project valuations, festive demand is tepid but prices are not falling," said Hiten Gala, a senior manager advisory at Brokerage Sharekhan, listing reasons for the rally.
HDIL surges 6 percent, DLF (DLF.NS) gains 1.9 percent while Indiabulls Real Estate is up 3.6 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article