Property stocks gain on festival booking hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Property firms such as HDIL gain on hopes for a pickup in demand tied to the Diwali festival season in mid-November, a time considered auspicious in the country.
"Real estate stock valuations are cheap, huge difference between stock valuations and project valuations, festive demand is tepid but prices are not falling," said Hiten Gala, a senior manager advisory at Brokerage Sharekhan, listing reasons for the rally.
HDIL surges 6 percent, DLF (DLF.NS) gains 1.9 percent while Indiabulls Real Estate is up 3.6 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- Chinese hackers breach U.S. military contractors -Senate probe
- Genetic history of modern Europeans a tangled tale, research finds
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article