Property stocks gain on festival booking hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Property firms such as HDIL gain on hopes for a pickup in demand tied to the Diwali festival season in mid-November, a time considered auspicious in the country.
"Real estate stock valuations are cheap, huge difference between stock valuations and project valuations, festive demand is tepid but prices are not falling," said Hiten Gala, a senior manager advisory at Brokerage Sharekhan, listing reasons for the rally.
HDIL surges 6 percent, DLF (DLF.NS) gains 1.9 percent while Indiabulls Real Estate is up 3.6 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote