Property stocks gain on festival booking hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Property firms such as HDIL gain on hopes for a pickup in demand tied to the Diwali festival season in mid-November, a time considered auspicious in the country.
"Real estate stock valuations are cheap, huge difference between stock valuations and project valuations, festive demand is tepid but prices are not falling," said Hiten Gala, a senior manager advisory at Brokerage Sharekhan, listing reasons for the rally.
HDIL surges 6 percent, DLF (DLF.NS) gains 1.9 percent while Indiabulls Real Estate is up 3.6 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Republicans attack slow pace of Obamacare enrollments
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB