Warburg Pincus to sell Scotsman Industries for $575 million: WSJ
(Reuters) - Private equity firm Warburg Pincus WP.UL has agreed to sell Scotsman Industries Inc to Italian food service equipment firm Ali Group for about $575 million, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the deal.
Warburg, which bought the ice machine maker in 2009 for $160 million, made back its investment in Scotsman before the sale, collecting about $200 million in dividend payments, the Journal said. (link.reuters.com/cew73t)
Officials at Warburg Pincus were unavailable for comment outside regular business hours.
(Reporting By Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 2-China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say