Credit Suisse downgrades L&T to underperform
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse downgrades Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) to 'underperform' from 'neutral', on concerns about deteriorating order flow mix and rising working capital cycle, which could impact margins and cash generation.
Over 40 percent of L&T's orders are from the Middle East and real estate segments which are "prone to execution delays" and would earn lower margin.
It would be difficult for L&T to sustain this growth momentum on its historic high inflows, Credit Suisse said in a note.
Credit Suisse believes L&T is expensive at 17.5 times FY14 parent EPS for 10 percent EPS CAGR (FY12-14E) and also does not expect any material improvement in return on equity.
At 11:25 p.m., shares were up 0.81 percent at 1,679 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article