England spinner Swann to return home from India tour
REUTERS - Off-spinner Graeme Swann is returning home from India to spend time with his sick daughter, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Swann will travel back to India in time for England's first test in Ahmedabad starting on November 15.
His absence from the final warm-up match is a further blow to the tourists who already have fitness concerns about fast bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad.
Finn has a thigh injury and Broad a bruised heel, leaving them highly unlikely to play in the four-day game against Haryana starting on Thursday.
"It puts a big question mark over them, that's fairly obvious," England batting coach Graham Gooch told Sky Sports.
"With a bruised heel it is something that can be very annoying and can take time to clear up," Gooch added.
"You've got to see how it goes each day, whether it gets better with the rest - keep checking it and see how it comes on. There's no other way of going about it really."
(Reporting by Ed Osmond; editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
Indian boxer L Sarita Devi could face disciplinary action after being reported to Asian Olympic officials for refusing to accept her bronze medal at the Asian Games on Wednesday. Full Article