England spinner Swann to return home from India tour
REUTERS - Off-spinner Graeme Swann is returning home from India to spend time with his sick daughter, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Swann will travel back to India in time for England's first test in Ahmedabad starting on November 15.
His absence from the final warm-up match is a further blow to the tourists who already have fitness concerns about fast bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad.
Finn has a thigh injury and Broad a bruised heel, leaving them highly unlikely to play in the four-day game against Haryana starting on Thursday.
"It puts a big question mark over them, that's fairly obvious," England batting coach Graham Gooch told Sky Sports.
"With a bruised heel it is something that can be very annoying and can take time to clear up," Gooch added.
"You've got to see how it goes each day, whether it gets better with the rest - keep checking it and see how it comes on. There's no other way of going about it really."
(Reporting by Ed Osmond; editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wed in France - media reports
- UPDATE 2-Blast shakes BP's largest US refinery at Whiting, Indiana -local media
England captain Alastair Cook's misery over his side's one-day humbling at the hands of India was compounded on Thursday when he was fined 20 percent of his match fee for a slow over rate. Full Article