England spinner Swann to return home from India tour
REUTERS - Off-spinner Graeme Swann is returning home from India to spend time with his sick daughter, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Swann will travel back to India in time for England's first test in Ahmedabad starting on November 15.
His absence from the final warm-up match is a further blow to the tourists who already have fitness concerns about fast bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad.
Finn has a thigh injury and Broad a bruised heel, leaving them highly unlikely to play in the four-day game against Haryana starting on Thursday.
"It puts a big question mark over them, that's fairly obvious," England batting coach Graham Gooch told Sky Sports.
"With a bruised heel it is something that can be very annoying and can take time to clear up," Gooch added.
"You've got to see how it goes each day, whether it gets better with the rest - keep checking it and see how it comes on. There's no other way of going about it really."
(Reporting by Ed Osmond; editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Leaders of Taiwan, China offer condolences for 48 dead in plane crash
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
Glasgow welcomed a large part of the world and remembered recent tragedies as a diverse and colourful opening ceremony signalled the start of the 20th Commonwealth Games at Celtic Park. Full Article