PROFILE - RBI governor Duvvuri Subbarao
Position: Governor, Reserve Bank of India
Incumbent: Duvvuri Subbarao
Date of Birth: August 11, 1949
Term: Appointed on September 5, 2008 for a three-year term, which was extended by another two years in 2011
- Subbarao is the 22nd Governor of the Indian central bank. He assumed office during the global financial crisis.
- He was finance secretary in the ministry of finance prior to his appointment as governor of the RBI.
- Subbarao holds a masters degree in Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and also a Masters in Economics from Ohio State University.
- He is married with two children.
(Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury; Editing by David Cutler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients
- Protests force out Burkina president, soldiers vie for power
- Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival - study
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article