PROFILE - RBI governor Duvvuri Subbarao
Position: Governor, Reserve Bank of India
Incumbent: Duvvuri Subbarao
Date of Birth: August 11, 1949
Term: Appointed on September 5, 2008 for a three-year term, which was extended by another two years in 2011
- Subbarao is the 22nd Governor of the Indian central bank. He assumed office during the global financial crisis.
- He was finance secretary in the ministry of finance prior to his appointment as governor of the RBI.
- Subbarao holds a masters degree in Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and also a Masters in Economics from Ohio State University.
- He is married with two children.
(Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury; Editing by David Cutler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
The Election Commission has lifted a ban on a top aide of Hindu nationalist opposition leader Narendra Modi that had threatened to hobble his efforts to win votes in the country's most populous state. Full Article | Full Coverage