PROFILE - RBI governor Duvvuri Subbarao
Position: Governor, Reserve Bank of India
Incumbent: Duvvuri Subbarao
Date of Birth: August 11, 1949
Term: Appointed on September 5, 2008 for a three-year term, which was extended by another two years in 2011
- Subbarao is the 22nd Governor of the Indian central bank. He assumed office during the global financial crisis.
- He was finance secretary in the ministry of finance prior to his appointment as governor of the RBI.
- Subbarao holds a masters degree in Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and also a Masters in Economics from Ohio State University.
- He is married with two children.
(Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury; Editing by David Cutler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Motor racing-Caterham F1 factory closed, team's fate in the balance
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article