The Troubled Rupee
A top official said the government has options to stem a fall in the rupee but did not offer any specifics, turning the focus on the RBI to stem a rout that sent the rupee to record lows. Full Article
- "Hazardous" air, murky skies in Singapore from Indonesian fires
- Rupee at record low as India seen lacking options to brake fall
- Rupee slumps to record low; bonds, stocks slump
- UPDATE 1-U.S. states, greens delay lawsuit, await Obama climate plan
- Finance minister holds meeting with officials over rupee fall
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Kingfisher Airlines needs to raise $1 bln by Nov 30 - SBI
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Ailing Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) needs to raise or commit at least $1 billion by November 30, the chairman of State Bank of India told reporters on Wednesday, adding that lenders are not looking at liquidating the carrier's assets as of now.
The bank is the leader of a 17-bank consortium, which has lent about $1.4 billion to the debt-ridden carrier.
Kingfisher, once India's second-largest airline, has not flown since the start of October after a protest by employees, unpaid since March, turned violent.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this