LONDON A shallow magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit northwest Iran on Wednesday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 32 miles (51.5 km) north-northeast of Tabriz, at a depth of 6.2 miles (10 km), the USGS said.
(Writing by John Stonestreet ; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Trending On Reuters
South Korea declared on Tuesday it is effectively out of danger from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), more than two months after the first case was reported and began spreading in hospital settings to kill 36 people. Full Article
- Obama meets Lucy, an ancient 'ancestor,' in Ethiopia
- Libyan city Benghazi plunges into darkness as fighting hits power plants
- Turkey, U.S. aim for zone cleared of Islamic State in northern Syria
- U.S. softens view of Malaysia, Cuba in human trafficking report
- Top officials from anti-ISIS coalition to meet in Canada - sources
Maruti Suzuki June-quarter profit jumps 56 percent; lower costs, higher sales. Full Article
Florida family finds $1 million in treasure from sunken Spanish armada. Full Article