SBI gains ahead of Sept qtr results
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in State Bank of India rise 2.4 percent on hopes of better-than-expected results and lower non-performing loans in the September quarter, with results due on Friday.
State Bank of India Chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said the bank's September quarter non-performing asset position looking better than the June quarter.
CLSA said in a report on Friday it maintains preference for corporate banks, including State Bank of India, which should benefit as asset quality concerns fade gradually.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article