Syrian rebels kill 10 pro-Assad Palestinian militiamen
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian rebels killed 10 members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), a faction loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, on Wednesday in clashes near a Palestinian camp in Damascus, opposition sources said.
Fighting between the two sides has escalated in the last few days in 'Street 30' and Hajar al-Aswad near Yarmouk, a camp inhabited by 150,000 Palestinians and as many Syrians. Syrian army artillery and warplanes have bombarded rebel positions in the area, the opposition sources said.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India to allow Nokia to transfer Chennai factory to Microsoft
- UPDATE 1-American Airlines orders 60 Embraer jets worth $2.5 bln
- Russia makes new attempt to woo Ukraine, EU waits in wings
- IIP slumps 1.8 pct, shrinks for first time in four months
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
UNREST IN THAILAND
Anti-government protesters in Thailand pinned their hopes on winning support from the powerful security forces on Thursday as they push to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and install an unelected administration. Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article
U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store. Full Article