AMMAN Syrian rebels killed 10 members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), a faction loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, on Wednesday in clashes near a Palestinian camp in Damascus, opposition sources said.
Fighting between the two sides has escalated in the last few days in 'Street 30' and Hajar al-Aswad near Yarmouk, a camp inhabited by 150,000 Palestinians and as many Syrians. Syrian army artillery and warplanes have bombarded rebel positions in the area, the opposition sources said.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
Trending On Reuters
Iran and world powers made progress on future sanctions relief for Iran in marathon nuclear talks on Saturday, but remained divided on issues such as lifting United Nations sanctions and the development of advanced centrifuges. Full Article
- At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in Syria's Idlib - monitor
- Tunisia's president declares state of emergency after hotel attack
- Hot dogs (many), banners and barbecues as America celebrates July 4
- Syrian army and Hezbollah lay siege to rebel-held border city
- Defence minister rejected as Taliban battle near Kabul