George Soros says Obama victory means 'more sensible politics'
REUTERS - Billionaire investor George Soros said late Tuesday that the re-election of President Barack Obama will open "the door for a more sensible politics."
Soros, who has contributed mightily to Democratic causes, told Reuters: "I'm delighted that President Obama has won. The American electorate has rejected extremist positions, opening the door for a more sensible politics.
"Hopefully the Republicans in office will make better partners in the coming years, most urgently in avoiding the so-called fiscal cliff."
(Reporting By Jennifer Ablan and Matthew Goldstein; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Share rally peters out, euro lifted by PMI boost
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read