China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article