China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article