China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article