China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Senate shortens transport extension, sets up clash with House
Piramal Enterprises has tied up with Dutch pension fund APG Asset Management to invest $1 billion in Indian infrastructure companies over three years, in a move that would help indebted firms access funds to complete projects. Full Article