China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Northern California unscathed by 6.8 offshore quake
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- Evidence so far does not point to attack on Malaysian plane - sources
- Allianz lead insurer and Willis broker for Malaysia Airlines
A scheduled Supreme Court hearing involving the Sahara conglomerate, whose chief has been in jail over the group's failure to comply with a ruling to repay billions of dollars to investors in outlawed bonds, will not be held on Tuesday. Full Article