China's Hu vows more market-based interest rates, yuan
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday began a key congress at which President Hu Jintao will give up his position as head of the party to anointed successor, Vice President Xi Jinping.
The Party will also unveil its new Standing Committee, China's top political ande decision-making body, which is likely to be shrunk to seven members from the current nine in a move to ease the passage of much-needed reforms.
(Reporting by Beijing bureau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Several Arab countries offer to join air campaign on Islamic State, say U.S. officials
- Google to launch Android One, phones to be priced at around $105
- Islamic State executes eight Sunnis in northern Iraq
- With eye on China, India to develop disputed border region
- Preview: Shinji-mania grips Dortmund ahead of Arsenal clash
India's wholesale price inflation in August eased to 3.74 percent, its lowest level in nearly five years, government data showed on Monday. Full Article
Google launches Android One in India, phones to be priced at around 6,399 rupees Full Article