Finn, Broad miss England's last practice match
REUTERS - Bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad were left out of England's final warm-up match on Thursday as the pace duo race against time to be fit for the first test against India starting on Nov 15.
Finn has a thigh injury which makes him doubtful for the test in Ahmedabad while Broad is nursing a bruised heel.
England also rested pace spearhead James Anderson and went into the four-day match against Haryana without their four frontline bowlers.
Off-spinner Graeme Swann has returned home to spend time with his sick daughter but is expected to be back in time for the Ahmedabad test.
Surrey paceman Stuart Meaker, who joined the team as cover for Finn, was named in the playing XI against Haryana as was opener Nick Compton who is expected to make his test debut in Ahmedabad.
(Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote
Led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni and boasting some fearless strokemakers in their ranks, the top-ranked ODI side in the world look serious contenders to defend their title. Full Article