Finn, Broad miss England's last practice match
REUTERS - Bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad were left out of England's final warm-up match on Thursday as the pace duo race against time to be fit for the first test against India starting on Nov 15.
Finn has a thigh injury which makes him doubtful for the test in Ahmedabad while Broad is nursing a bruised heel.
England also rested pace spearhead James Anderson and went into the four-day match against Haryana without their four frontline bowlers.
Off-spinner Graeme Swann has returned home to spend time with his sick daughter but is expected to be back in time for the Ahmedabad test.
Surrey paceman Stuart Meaker, who joined the team as cover for Finn, was named in the playing XI against Haryana as was opener Nick Compton who is expected to make his test debut in Ahmedabad.
(Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- UPDATE 1-"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article