Finn, Broad miss England's last practice match
REUTERS - Bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad were left out of England's final warm-up match on Thursday as the pace duo race against time to be fit for the first test against India starting on Nov 15.
Finn has a thigh injury which makes him doubtful for the test in Ahmedabad while Broad is nursing a bruised heel.
England also rested pace spearhead James Anderson and went into the four-day match against Haryana without their four frontline bowlers.
Off-spinner Graeme Swann has returned home to spend time with his sick daughter but is expected to be back in time for the Ahmedabad test.
Surrey paceman Stuart Meaker, who joined the team as cover for Finn, was named in the playing XI against Haryana as was opener Nick Compton who is expected to make his test debut in Ahmedabad.
(Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- India to tighten up banking risk management - Jaitley
- Striker Michael Chopra joins Tendulkar-owned team in Indian Super League
Former Newcastle United striker Michael Chopra was picked by the Kerala Blasters, co-owned by cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar, in an international draft for the upcoming Indian Super League on Thursday. Full Article