Finn, Broad miss England's last practice match
REUTERS - Bowlers Steven Finn and Stuart Broad were left out of England's final warm-up match on Thursday as the pace duo race against time to be fit for the first test against India starting on Nov 15.
Finn has a thigh injury which makes him doubtful for the test in Ahmedabad while Broad is nursing a bruised heel.
England also rested pace spearhead James Anderson and went into the four-day match against Haryana without their four frontline bowlers.
Off-spinner Graeme Swann has returned home to spend time with his sick daughter but is expected to be back in time for the Ahmedabad test.
Surrey paceman Stuart Meaker, who joined the team as cover for Finn, was named in the playing XI against Haryana as was opener Nick Compton who is expected to make his test debut in Ahmedabad.
(Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Borno state authorities say most of abducted schoolgirls still missing
- RPT-Reports of e-cigarette injury jump amid rising popularity, U.S. data show
- Founder of scandal-hit drugmaker Servier dies at 92
Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer demonstrated their superior class on clay as they eased into the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters on Thursday. Full Article