Call me JackSUN, says singer Jermaine
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jackson 5 singer Jermaine Jackson has petitioned to change his name, according to court documents filed earlier this week in Los Angeles.
The older brother of pop stars Michael and Janet Jackson, Jermaine wants to change his famous last name to Jacksun for "artistic reasons."
Asked why Jermaine wanted to change his name, his attorney Bret D. Lewis, who filed the petition on Jackson's behalf, told Reuters "If Prince and P Diddy can do it, why can't and shouldn't Jermaine?"
If all goes to plan, Jackson's name will officially change following a court hearing set for February 22.
Jermaine, 57, and brothers Jackie, Marlon and Tito are currently in Europe on a Unity Tour, under the name The Jacksons, performing hits made famous by the Jackson 5 along with a tribute to their late sibling Michael.
Jermaine Jackson unofficially adopted the name Mohammad Abdul Aziz after converting to Islam in 1989.
(Reporting By Eric Kelsey, editing by Jill Serjeant and Bernard Orr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Xi sees factory China and back office India as global engine
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- China c.bank injects $81 billion into major banks to support economy - reports
Rihanna Rails, Dropped
A battle between television network CBS and singer Rihanna over the use of one of her songs for its "Thursday Night Football" program escalated on Tuesday when CBS said it would drop it from its marquee prime-time show. Full Article