Govt to sell 10 pct stake in Hindustan Aeronautics
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The cabinet agreed to sell a 10 percent stake in state-owned aircraft maker Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a senior minister said on Thursday.
Science and Technology Minister, Jaipal Reddy, did not clarify on the timeline of the divestment or on the price the government expects to receive on the stake sale.
India plans to sell stakes in 15 state-run firms by the end of March next year and looks to raise 300 billion rupees from the sales to help plug a yawning gap in the fiscal budget.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article