Govt to sell 10 pct stake in Hindustan Aeronautics
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The cabinet agreed to sell a 10 percent stake in state-owned aircraft maker Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a senior minister said on Thursday.
Science and Technology Minister, Jaipal Reddy, did not clarify on the timeline of the divestment or on the price the government expects to receive on the stake sale.
India plans to sell stakes in 15 state-run firms by the end of March next year and looks to raise 300 billion rupees from the sales to help plug a yawning gap in the fiscal budget.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight - In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- UPDATE 3-In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- UPDATE 1-Would-be millionaires rush into 2nd-largest U.S. Mega Millions drawing
- UPDATE 2-Canada household debt-to-income ratio hits record high
The Sensex fell on Friday to mark its biggest weekly fall in nearly a month, as rate-sensitive stocks such as ICICI Bank fell on caution ahead of the RBI's policy review and the U.S. Federal Reserve meet next week. Article
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article