Sun Pharma raises FY13 sales guidance to 20-22 pct
REUTERS - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS), India's top drugmaker by market value, said it has raised its sales growth guidance to 20-22 percent for the fiscal year ending March 2013.
The drugmaker had said in May sales would grow 18-20 percent in FY13.
Sun Pharma reported a 46.5 percent drop in September quarter profit to 3.2 billion rupees after it set aside 5.84 billion rupees towards a potential compensation it might have to pay in a U.S. patent dispute related to drug Protonix.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Pfizer (PFE.N), has the U.S. rights to sell Protonix.
Sun Pharma said on Thursday it has sound reasons to disagree with the "overstated claims" of Wyeth. The drugmaker said it believed the patent is invalid and unenforceable and that it will pursue all available legal remedies including appeals. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article