Sun Pharma raises FY13 sales guidance to 20-22 pct
REUTERS - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS), India's top drugmaker by market value, said it has raised its sales growth guidance to 20-22 percent for the fiscal year ending March 2013.
The drugmaker had said in May sales would grow 18-20 percent in FY13.
Sun Pharma reported a 46.5 percent drop in September quarter profit to 3.2 billion rupees after it set aside 5.84 billion rupees towards a potential compensation it might have to pay in a U.S. patent dispute related to drug Protonix.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Pfizer (PFE.N), has the U.S. rights to sell Protonix.
Sun Pharma said on Thursday it has sound reasons to disagree with the "overstated claims" of Wyeth. The drugmaker said it believed the patent is invalid and unenforceable and that it will pursue all available legal remedies including appeals. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article