Sun Pharma raises FY13 sales guidance to 20-22 pct
REUTERS - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS), India's top drugmaker by market value, said it has raised its sales growth guidance to 20-22 percent for the fiscal year ending March 2013.
The drugmaker had said in May sales would grow 18-20 percent in FY13.
Sun Pharma reported a 46.5 percent drop in September quarter profit to 3.2 billion rupees after it set aside 5.84 billion rupees towards a potential compensation it might have to pay in a U.S. patent dispute related to drug Protonix.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Pfizer (PFE.N), has the U.S. rights to sell Protonix.
Sun Pharma said on Thursday it has sound reasons to disagree with the "overstated claims" of Wyeth. The drugmaker said it believed the patent is invalid and unenforceable and that it will pursue all available legal remedies including appeals. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article