Sun Pharma raises FY13 sales guidance to 20-22 pct
REUTERS - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS), India's top drugmaker by market value, said it has raised its sales growth guidance to 20-22 percent for the fiscal year ending March 2013.
The drugmaker had said in May sales would grow 18-20 percent in FY13.
Sun Pharma reported a 46.5 percent drop in September quarter profit to 3.2 billion rupees after it set aside 5.84 billion rupees towards a potential compensation it might have to pay in a U.S. patent dispute related to drug Protonix.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Pfizer (PFE.N), has the U.S. rights to sell Protonix.
Sun Pharma said on Thursday it has sound reasons to disagree with the "overstated claims" of Wyeth. The drugmaker said it believed the patent is invalid and unenforceable and that it will pursue all available legal remedies including appeals. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Court orders Russia to pay $50 bln for seizing Yukos assets
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition
Indian conglomerate Larsen & Toubro said on Monday revenue totalled 191.23 billion Indian rupees ($3.2 billion) in the first quarter, beating analyst forecasts, after a rise in orders from international clients. Full Article