Sun Pharma Q2 net falls 46.5 pct on Protonix provision
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS) reported a 46.5 percent drop in quarterly net profit after it set aside 5.84 billion rupees towards a possible compensation in a patent dispute case related to drug Protonix.
The Mumbai-based drugmaker said consolidated net profit fell to 3.2 billion rupees during fiscal second quarter ended September from 5.98 billion rupees a year earlier. Net sales rose 40.2 percent to 26.57 billion rupees.
Analysts had estimated the net profit at 7.68 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- BJP heading for majority in general election: opinion poll
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video