Ashok Leyland rallies on July-Sept earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Ashok Leyland (ASOK.NS) gain as much as 6.4 percent a day after India's second-biggest bus and truck maker posted July-September earnings that were above forecasts.
IDFC upgrades Ashok Leyland to 'outperform', retaining its target price at 31 rupees, saying earnings were "significantly ahead of estimates."
IDFC says the auto maker will benefit from a cyclical upturn in the sector while Ashok Leyland shares have under-performed in the recent market rally.
Ashok Leyland shares up 5.2 percent at 25.35 rupees as of 10:20 a.m.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India starts biggest day of voting with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- UPDATE 3-Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident
- HCL Tech March-quarter net up 59 percent, beats f'casts
- UPDATE 2-Leash on expenses helps AmEx counter muted user spending
India kicked off the biggest day of its mammoth general election on Thursday, with a quarter of its 815 million voters set to head to the polls during a week of fresh blows for the Congress party and gains for the Hindu nationalist opposition. Full Article | Full Coverage