BSE Sensex gains; SBI, Coal India up
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex gains 0.13 percent and the Nifty is up 0.12 percent. State Bank of India gains 0.6 percent while Coal India (COAL.NS) is up 0.3 percent ahead of their quarterly results later in the day.
Shares in United Spirits Ltd (UNSP.NS) rise as much as 6.1 percent on hopes Indian liquor baron Vijay Mallya's company is nearing a deal to sell a stake to Diageo (DGE.L), with sources telling Reuters an announcement could be made as early as Friday.
However, Asian shares extend losses, weighed down by worries over the risk of a recession in the world's largest economy as the United States faces a looming fiscal crisis and by uncertainty over a bailout for Greece, which keep sovereign bonds firmly bid.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- New U.S. tax rules chill 'inversion' deal-making; shares dive |
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article