Dilshan to miss last two ODIs with sore back
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Sri Lanka opener Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the last two one-day internationals against New Zealand with a sore back, team manager Charith Senanayake said on Friday.
"Dilshan strained his lower back during a warm-up session ahead of the third one-day at Pallekele on Tuesday and he batted with pain-killers," Senanayake told Reuters.
"He has will not play in the two remaining games."
Dilshan's unbeaten century powered Sri Lanka to a seven-wicket victory on Tuesday and the hosts lead the five-match series 2-0.
Dinesh Chandimal is likely to replace Dilshan in the team for the remaining one dayers on Saturday and Monday.
Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement that Chamara Kapugedera has been included in the 15-man squad after Dilshan dropped out.
(Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
Belgian Grand Prix
Formula One leader Nico Rosberg swept to pole position at the Belgian Grand Prix on Saturday with Mercedes team mate and title rival Lewis Hamilton alongside on the front row after a wet qualifying session. Full Article