Dilshan to miss last two ODIs with sore back
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Sri Lanka opener Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the last two one-day internationals against New Zealand with a sore back, team manager Charith Senanayake said on Friday.
"Dilshan strained his lower back during a warm-up session ahead of the third one-day at Pallekele on Tuesday and he batted with pain-killers," Senanayake told Reuters.
"He has will not play in the two remaining games."
Dilshan's unbeaten century powered Sri Lanka to a seven-wicket victory on Tuesday and the hosts lead the five-match series 2-0.
Dinesh Chandimal is likely to replace Dilshan in the team for the remaining one dayers on Saturday and Monday.
Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement that Chamara Kapugedera has been included in the 15-man squad after Dilshan dropped out.
(Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- India finally fall in line to get Olympic ban overturned
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
Openers Quinton de Kock and Hashim Amla smashed centuries as South Africa walloped India by 134 runs in a rain-reduced one-day international at a subdued Kingsmead in Durban on Sunday. Full Article