Dilshan to miss last two ODIs with sore back
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Sri Lanka opener Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the last two one-day internationals against New Zealand with a sore back, team manager Charith Senanayake said on Friday.
"Dilshan strained his lower back during a warm-up session ahead of the third one-day at Pallekele on Tuesday and he batted with pain-killers," Senanayake told Reuters.
"He has will not play in the two remaining games."
Dilshan's unbeaten century powered Sri Lanka to a seven-wicket victory on Tuesday and the hosts lead the five-match series 2-0.
Dinesh Chandimal is likely to replace Dilshan in the team for the remaining one dayers on Saturday and Monday.
Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement that Chamara Kapugedera has been included in the 15-man squad after Dilshan dropped out.
(Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
Soccer World Cup
The 2022 soccer World Cup will be held in Qatar despite doubts raised by a German FIFA executive committee member because of extreme heat in the desert state, local organisers said on Monday. Full Article