Dilshan to miss last two ODIs with sore back
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Sri Lanka opener Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the last two one-day internationals against New Zealand with a sore back, team manager Charith Senanayake said on Friday.
"Dilshan strained his lower back during a warm-up session ahead of the third one-day at Pallekele on Tuesday and he batted with pain-killers," Senanayake told Reuters.
"He has will not play in the two remaining games."
Dilshan's unbeaten century powered Sri Lanka to a seven-wicket victory on Tuesday and the hosts lead the five-match series 2-0.
Dinesh Chandimal is likely to replace Dilshan in the team for the remaining one dayers on Saturday and Monday.
Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement that Chamara Kapugedera has been included in the 15-man squad after Dilshan dropped out.
(Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article