Dilshan to miss last two ODIs with sore back
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Sri Lanka opener Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the last two one-day internationals against New Zealand with a sore back, team manager Charith Senanayake said on Friday.
"Dilshan strained his lower back during a warm-up session ahead of the third one-day at Pallekele on Tuesday and he batted with pain-killers," Senanayake told Reuters.
"He has will not play in the two remaining games."
Dilshan's unbeaten century powered Sri Lanka to a seven-wicket victory on Tuesday and the hosts lead the five-match series 2-0.
Dinesh Chandimal is likely to replace Dilshan in the team for the remaining one dayers on Saturday and Monday.
Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement that Chamara Kapugedera has been included in the 15-man squad after Dilshan dropped out.
(Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
Serena Williams, her insatiable will to win as strong as ever, regained her composure after smashing her racquet and being on the brink of defeat to beat Caroline Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6(6) on Saturday and reach the title match at the WTA Finals. Full Article