Dollar erases losses versus yen, turns positive
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped all of its losses against the yen to trade slightly higher in late morning trade on Friday, helped by rising Treasury yields.
The dollar last traded 0.1 percent higher at 79.51 yen , off a session low of 79.06.
It had earlier come under pressure after worries about Europe prompted investors to shed riskier traders funded by cheap borrowing in the Japanese currency.
But that reversed somewhat after upbeat U.S. consumer sentiment data lifted stocks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article