ONGC shares fall as earnings miss estimates
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run producer Oil & Natural Gas Corp(ONGC.NS) fall as much as 2.5 percent a day after posting a bigger-than-expected fall in July-September net profit due to higher subsidies.
Lower production is another concern, analysts say: HSBC estimates ONGC posted a fourth sequential quarterly decline in crude oil production.
HSBC maintains its 'neutral' rating on the stock with a target price at 300 rupees.
ONGC shares down 2.3 percent at 259.15 rupees as of 11:43 a.m..
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer parries activist investor attacks
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article