Rupee in tight band ahead of Diwali holidays
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading in very narrow band ahead of Diwali holidays next week. Pair at 54.33/35 versus Thursday's close of 54.36/37. It has traded in a 54.27-54.38 band.
FX markets shut on Nov 13 and Nov 14 for Diwali holidays.
Pair opened lower helped by some recovery in euro in Asian session.
Private bank dealer tips 54.10-54.95 band next week.
Sentiment on INR has turned negative again, as per a Reuters poll of forex strategists.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article