Rupee in tight band ahead of Diwali holidays
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading in very narrow band ahead of Diwali holidays next week. Pair at 54.33/35 versus Thursday's close of 54.36/37. It has traded in a 54.27-54.38 band.
FX markets shut on Nov 13 and Nov 14 for Diwali holidays.
Pair opened lower helped by some recovery in euro in Asian session.
Private bank dealer tips 54.10-54.95 band next week.
Sentiment on INR has turned negative again, as per a Reuters poll of forex strategists.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- US STOCKS-Wall St turns lower after shooting at Canadian parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article