Rupee in tight band ahead of Diwali holidays
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading in very narrow band ahead of Diwali holidays next week. Pair at 54.33/35 versus Thursday's close of 54.36/37. It has traded in a 54.27-54.38 band.
FX markets shut on Nov 13 and Nov 14 for Diwali holidays.
Pair opened lower helped by some recovery in euro in Asian session.
Private bank dealer tips 54.10-54.95 band next week.
Sentiment on INR has turned negative again, as per a Reuters poll of forex strategists.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria
India has withdrawn the drug pricing authority's powers that allowed it to fix the prices of medicines not deemed essential, after its decision to impose price caps on more than 100 drugs in July triggered industry protests. Article