Rupee in tight band ahead of Diwali holidays
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading in very narrow band ahead of Diwali holidays next week. Pair at 54.33/35 versus Thursday's close of 54.36/37. It has traded in a 54.27-54.38 band.
FX markets shut on Nov 13 and Nov 14 for Diwali holidays.
Pair opened lower helped by some recovery in euro in Asian session.
Private bank dealer tips 54.10-54.95 band next week.
Sentiment on INR has turned negative again, as per a Reuters poll of forex strategists.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article