SBI chairman sees margins at 3.75 pct in next two quarters
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State Bank of India (SBI.NS), the country's biggest lender, expects net interest margins at 3.75 percent in the next two quarters versus 3.77 percent in the quarter ended September 30, chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Friday.
Earlier in the day, SBI posted a 30 percent gain in quarterly net profit, the smallest increase this year, as higher provisioning for bad loans constrained earnings growth.
(Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article