SBI chairman sees margins at 3.75 pct in next two quarters
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State Bank of India (SBI.NS), the country's biggest lender, expects net interest margins at 3.75 percent in the next two quarters versus 3.77 percent in the quarter ended September 30, chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Friday.
Earlier in the day, SBI posted a 30 percent gain in quarterly net profit, the smallest increase this year, as higher provisioning for bad loans constrained earnings growth.
(Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article