SBI chairman sees margins at 3.75 pct in next two quarters
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State Bank of India (SBI.NS), the country's biggest lender, expects net interest margins at 3.75 percent in the next two quarters versus 3.77 percent in the quarter ended September 30, chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Friday.
Earlier in the day, SBI posted a 30 percent gain in quarterly net profit, the smallest increase this year, as higher provisioning for bad loans constrained earnings growth.
(Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Senate shortens transport extension, sets up clash with House
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday but fell short of analyst estimates as its African business continued to weigh. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article