Klitschko beats Wach on points to retain titles
HAMBURG (Reuters) - World heavyweight champion Vladimir Klitschko was made to go the distance against Polish challenger Mariusz Wach but earned a unanimous points decision on Saturday to retain his four title belts.
The 36-year-old Ukrainian, who holds the IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA crowns, was never seriously troubled by the 32-year-old who saw his unbeaten record snap after 27 wins in 27 fights.
Klitschko, who improved his record to 59 wins from 62 fights, had pinned Wach to the ropes in the eighth but failed to knock him down. The three judges gave Klitschko a 120-107, 120-107 119-109 victory.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by Ian Ransom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- UPDATE 2-China steel and iron futures fall to lowest ever levels
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
Track star Oscar Pistorius, on trial for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, wept and vomited into a bucket in a South African courtroom on Monday after hearing graphic details from her autopsy. Full Article