India's Oct exports fall 1.6 pct, imports jump 7.37 pct
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's exports fell 1.6 percent to $23.2 billion in October, while imports jumped 7.37 percent to $44.2 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $20.9 billion, according to a Commerce and Industry Ministry statement released on Monday.
Exports between April and October fell 6.2 percent to $166.9 billion, dragged down by slack demand from India's major export destinations in the United States and Europe.
Oil imports for October rose by 31.6 percent to $14.79 billion, the statement said. (Reporting by Matthias Williams and Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Malaysian Airline shares hit record low after jet disappearance
- TIMELINE - Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
Search and rescue planes scoured waters off the southern tip of Vietnam on Monday, searching for any trace of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner 48 hours after it vanished from radar screens with 239 people on board. Full Article