Sensex off highs after weak factory data
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex and the Nifty are trading flat, coming off highs after data showing weaker-than-expected industrial output in September.
Capital good stocks fall after the manufacturing output sub-index contracts 1.5 percent from a year ago: Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) down 0.4 percent and Punj Lloyd (PUJL.NS) falls 1.3 percent.
Tata Steel (TISC.NS) falls 1.7 percent after posting on Friday an unexpected net loss in the July-September quarter and warning it did not expect an improvement any time soon due to weak market conditions.
But State Bank of India (SBI.NS) gains 0.9 percent, recovering after slumping 3.9 percent on Friday when the lender posted an increase in non-performing loans during the July-September quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Islamic State fighters halt Iraqi offensive to recapture Saddam's home town
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article