Sensex off highs after weak factory data
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex and the Nifty are trading flat, coming off highs after data showing weaker-than-expected industrial output in September.
Capital good stocks fall after the manufacturing output sub-index contracts 1.5 percent from a year ago: Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) down 0.4 percent and Punj Lloyd (PUJL.NS) falls 1.3 percent.
Tata Steel (TISC.NS) falls 1.7 percent after posting on Friday an unexpected net loss in the July-September quarter and warning it did not expect an improvement any time soon due to weak market conditions.
But State Bank of India (SBI.NS) gains 0.9 percent, recovering after slumping 3.9 percent on Friday when the lender posted an increase in non-performing loans during the July-September quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. fast-food workers rally for higher minimum wage
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- Springsteen's handwritten 'Born to Run' draft fetches $197,000
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- UPDATE 4-Child killed in Idaho school bus accident, 4 more hurt
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died aged 95 at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, plunging his nation and the world into mourning for a man hailed by global leaders as a moral giant. Article | Obituary