Sensex off highs after weak factory data
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex and the Nifty are trading flat, coming off highs after data showing weaker-than-expected industrial output in September.
Capital good stocks fall after the manufacturing output sub-index contracts 1.5 percent from a year ago: Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) down 0.4 percent and Punj Lloyd (PUJL.NS) falls 1.3 percent.
Tata Steel (TISC.NS) falls 1.7 percent after posting on Friday an unexpected net loss in the July-September quarter and warning it did not expect an improvement any time soon due to weak market conditions.
But State Bank of India (SBI.NS) gains 0.9 percent, recovering after slumping 3.9 percent on Friday when the lender posted an increase in non-performing loans during the July-September quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article