Indian bond, FX markets closed Tues-Wed for holidays
REUTERS - India's domestic bond and currency markets will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday for the Diwali public holidays.
Stock markets will hold a special short trading session from 1015 to 1110 GMT on Tuesday but trading will be shut on Wednesday.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield fell 1 basis point to 8.21 percent on Monday. The 1-year overnight index swap (OIS) rate fell 2 bps to 7.75 percent, while the 5-year OIS rate fell 1 bp to 7.14 percent.
The rupee fell for a third session to end at 54.88/89 per dollar on Monday, after hitting a session low at 55.12, a level last seen on September 13. It had closed at 54.75/76 on Friday. (Reporting by Mumbai markets team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS net profit rises 51.5 percent, beats estimates
- UPDATE 5-Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes - coastguard
- Infosys says staff exodus a worry after Q4 profits beat estimates
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Pro-Russians take control of Ukrainian troop carriers
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd , India's largest IT services exporter, posted a 51.5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating expectations, as it won more contracts in Europe and some emerging markets. Full Article | Full Coverage