Singapore Telecommunications Q2 net profit down 1.6 pct
SINGAPORE Nov 14 (Reuters) - Singapore Telecommunications Ltd reported a 1.6 percent fall in second-quarter net profit on Wednesday, partly dragged down by higher costs.
SingTel, Southeast Asia's largest telecommunications firm, had net profit of S$868 million ($709.9 million) for the three months ended in September, down from S$882 million a year earlier.
Underlying net profit was S$886 million. That was below the S$896 million average forecast based on a Reuters poll of six analysts.
For SingTel's statement on its earnings, click ($1 = 1.2227 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Eveline Danubrata; Editing by John O'Callaghan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. exits GM stake, taxpayers lose $10 billion
- UPDATE 2-U.S. household net worth hits record high in Q3
- China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth
- UPDATE 4-Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- UPDATE 2-U.S. to fly African troops to Central African Republic to ease violence
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article