NEW YORK Actor Channing Tatum, who set female hearts fluttering in the summer movie hit "Magic Mike", was named the sexiest man alive by People magazine on Wednesday.
"My first thought was, 'Y'all are messing with me," Tatum told the magazine after hearing the news.
The 32-year-old actor, who is married to actress Jenna Dewan-Tatum, is training to play an Olympic athlete in his upcoming film, "Foxcatcher".
The couple, who have been married since 2009, are ready to start a family, according to People.
"The first number that pops into my head is three, but I just want one to be healthy and then we'll see where we go after that," he told the magazine.
Tatum joins a long list of Hollywood heartthrobs who also have also received the "sexiest man" title from the magazine including Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, George Clooney and Matt Damon.
(Reporting by Patricia Reaney; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
Trending On Reuters
“Welcome Back” is sporadically funny, one that ebbs and flows; but it just about passes the ‘guilty pleasure’ test thanks to Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article
- Depp says he mined his 'inner evil' to play gangster Bulger
- Family jokes and school struggles, film shows private side of Malala
- With Teddy by his side, Mr Bean fetes 25 years with London drive
- Tom Hardy takes on London gangster Kray twins in "Legend"
- Portman's directorial debut is a bitter-sweet Israeli homecoming