BAGHDAD A series of car bomb blasts killed at least 12 people across Iraq early on Wednesday, police and hospital sources said.
In the deadliest attack, four bombs planted in parked cars went off simultaneously in the city of Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of the capital Baghdad, killing seven people and wounding 24.
(Reporting by Kareem Raheem; Writing by Ahmed Rasheed; Editing by Pravin Char)
Trending On Reuters
A campaign led by Shi'ite paramilitaries to drive Islamic State militants from Iraq's Sunni heartland was rebranded on Wednesday after criticism that the name chosen for the push was overtly sectarian. Full Article
- U.S. military mistakenly ships live anthrax to labs in nine states
- Exclusive - Russia masses heavy firepower on border with Ukraine: witness
- U.S. hopes Chinese island-building will spur Asian response
- Hundreds evacuated in Texas after storms leave at least 15 dead
- Iran, North Korea forging ballistic, nuclear ties - dissidents
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article