Electrolux says eyes further acquisitions
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - World number two home appliances maker Electrolux (ELUXb.ST) is likely to make further acquisitions to help drive growth, the company's chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
Electrolux's most recent acquisitions were of a company in Chile and one in Egypt as the group focuses on emerging markets.
"There is room for acquisitions," chief financial officer Tomas Eliasson told a meeting of investors.
He said the two recent purchases showed the company was putting more focus on buying other companies and that such deals added to top line expansion of sales.
At the same time, the company wanted to protect its BBB+ credit rating, he added.
(Reporting by Patrick Lannin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- UPDATE 2-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-China urges Malaysia to speed up plane search