Electrolux says eyes further acquisitions
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - World number two home appliances maker Electrolux (ELUXb.ST) is likely to make further acquisitions to help drive growth, the company's chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
Electrolux's most recent acquisitions were of a company in Chile and one in Egypt as the group focuses on emerging markets.
"There is room for acquisitions," chief financial officer Tomas Eliasson told a meeting of investors.
He said the two recent purchases showed the company was putting more focus on buying other companies and that such deals added to top line expansion of sales.
At the same time, the company wanted to protect its BBB+ credit rating, he added.
(Reporting by Patrick Lannin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran prosecutor gives government 30 days to block social media
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey
- New smartphone app gives sight to the blind
- Study asks whether artificial sweeteners may drive diabetes
- Exclusive - Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program