The day ahead: News schedule for Nov 15
Here's a look at news events scheduled for Thursday, November 15, 2012.
Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray, 86, is gravely ill. Security has been tightened at his family home in central Mumbai and city police are on alert.
AUNG SAN SUU KYI IN INDIA
Myanmar opposition leader Suu Kyi to meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in New Delhi.
(Read what is Suu Kyi's appeal to India here)
TRANSITION IN CHINA
China unveils its new leadership line-up for the next five years. Xi Jinping to take over from outgoing president Hu Jintao as party chief.
(China's new party chief Xi gets strong mandate for action. Read story here)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- Nifty hits record high on foreign buying, higher Asian stocks
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
The Nifty rose to a record high on Wednesday, led by gains in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank on continued foreign-investor buying, while higher Asian shares also helped sentiment. Full Article
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article