JP Associates extends fall on earnings concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement maker Jaiprakash Associates(JAIA.NS) down 2.6 percent, extending their fall from a 2.4 percent decline during the short Diwali session on Tuesday. Stock markets were closed on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash reported late on Monday July-September net profit slumped 48.6 percent from a year ago, disappointing investors.
Morgan Stanley says Jaiprakash's cement operations proved sturdy, but attributes the profit decline to weakness in the construction and real estate divisions.
Debt remains a key concern, Morgan Stanley adds, noting net debt to equity has increased.
"We believe that the market will remain sanguine on the issue for a while, as the company tries to sell assets to reduce leverage," the investment bank says in a note dated November 14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Islamic State kills 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article