JP Associates extends fall on earnings concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement maker Jaiprakash Associates(JAIA.NS) down 2.6 percent, extending their fall from a 2.4 percent decline during the short Diwali session on Tuesday. Stock markets were closed on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash reported late on Monday July-September net profit slumped 48.6 percent from a year ago, disappointing investors.
Morgan Stanley says Jaiprakash's cement operations proved sturdy, but attributes the profit decline to weakness in the construction and real estate divisions.
Debt remains a key concern, Morgan Stanley adds, noting net debt to equity has increased.
"We believe that the market will remain sanguine on the issue for a while, as the company tries to sell assets to reduce leverage," the investment bank says in a note dated November 14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
- UPDATE 2-U.S. household net worth hits record high in Q3
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article