JP Associates extends fall on earnings concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement maker Jaiprakash Associates(JAIA.NS) down 2.6 percent, extending their fall from a 2.4 percent decline during the short Diwali session on Tuesday. Stock markets were closed on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash reported late on Monday July-September net profit slumped 48.6 percent from a year ago, disappointing investors.
Morgan Stanley says Jaiprakash's cement operations proved sturdy, but attributes the profit decline to weakness in the construction and real estate divisions.
Debt remains a key concern, Morgan Stanley adds, noting net debt to equity has increased.
"We believe that the market will remain sanguine on the issue for a while, as the company tries to sell assets to reduce leverage," the investment bank says in a note dated November 14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article