Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement maker Jaiprakash Associates(JAIA.NS) down 2.6 percent, extending their fall from a 2.4 percent decline during the short Diwali session on Tuesday. Stock markets were closed on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash reported late on Monday July-September net profit slumped 48.6 percent from a year ago, disappointing investors.
Morgan Stanley says Jaiprakash's cement operations proved sturdy, but attributes the profit decline to weakness in the construction and real estate divisions.
Debt remains a key concern, Morgan Stanley adds, noting net debt to equity has increased.
"We believe that the market will remain sanguine on the issue for a while, as the company tries to sell assets to reduce leverage," the investment bank says in a note dated November 14.
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves