JP Associates extends fall on earnings concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement maker Jaiprakash Associates(JAIA.NS) down 2.6 percent, extending their fall from a 2.4 percent decline during the short Diwali session on Tuesday. Stock markets were closed on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash reported late on Monday July-September net profit slumped 48.6 percent from a year ago, disappointing investors.
Morgan Stanley says Jaiprakash's cement operations proved sturdy, but attributes the profit decline to weakness in the construction and real estate divisions.
Debt remains a key concern, Morgan Stanley adds, noting net debt to equity has increased.
"We believe that the market will remain sanguine on the issue for a while, as the company tries to sell assets to reduce leverage," the investment bank says in a note dated November 14.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 4-U.S. tightens Ebola monitoring for West African visitors
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article