Cricket-Advisory note to Reuters subscribers
Nov 16 (Reuters) - All clients please note that Reuters coverage of cricket events conducted under the auspices of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and, more immediately, the England tour of India was suspended from 0000 GMT on Nov. 15.
This is a direct result of a policy decision by the BCCI to exclude news agencies working only in the photographic medium from covering its events.
No reasonable explanation has been given for this policy, which we consider to unfairly discriminate against genuine editorial news agencies, including Action Images, a Thomson Reuters business.
Reuters is committed to providing its clients with accurate, unbiased and timely sports coverage and remains open to discussions with the BCCI should they decide to review their accreditation criteria.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article
BayernLB open to a deal to end dispute with Formula One boss Ecclestone Full Article