Nov 16 (Reuters) - All clients please note that Reuters coverage of cricket events conducted under the auspices of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and, more immediately, the England tour of India was suspended from 0000 GMT on Nov. 15.
This is a direct result of a policy decision by the BCCI to exclude news agencies working only in the photographic medium from covering its events.
No reasonable explanation has been given for this policy, which we consider to unfairly discriminate against genuine editorial news agencies, including Action Images, a Thomson Reuters business.
Reuters is committed to providing its clients with accurate, unbiased and timely sports coverage and remains open to discussions with the BCCI should they decide to review their accreditation criteria.
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves
RBI chief Rajan calls for formal financing routes for farmers - report Full Article