Merrill raises Bharti Airtel, Idea to 'buy'
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgraded Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) and Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS) to 'buy' from 'neutral' citing the positive outcome of the 2G auction this week.
BoA-Merrill said the "deep" under-performance in both stocks over the past 12 months, potential for more favourable policy decisions in areas such as spectrum pricing, and prospect of "strong" fiscal 2014-15 earnings growth would drive Bharti and Idea.
An auction of 2G airwaves attracted less demand than targeted by the government, leading to lower prices that are giving a respite to the debt-ridden industry.
Bharti gains 3.5 percent, heading towards its fourth day of gains. Idea is up 1.5 percent, gaining for a second day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 27 |
The Nifty was trading in the red on Wednesday on profit taking after the broader index earlier hit its third straight record high at 7,922.70. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article