Merrill raises Bharti Airtel, Idea to 'buy'
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgraded Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) and Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS) to 'buy' from 'neutral' citing the positive outcome of the 2G auction this week.
BoA-Merrill said the "deep" under-performance in both stocks over the past 12 months, potential for more favourable policy decisions in areas such as spectrum pricing, and prospect of "strong" fiscal 2014-15 earnings growth would drive Bharti and Idea.
An auction of 2G airwaves attracted less demand than targeted by the government, leading to lower prices that are giving a respite to the debt-ridden industry.
Bharti gains 3.5 percent, heading towards its fourth day of gains. Idea is up 1.5 percent, gaining for a second day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Twelve-hour Gaza humanitarian truce takes hold
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
A 12-hour humanitarian truce went into effect on Saturday after Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip agreed to a U.N. request for a pause in fighting and efforts proceeded to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article