The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Merrill raises Bharti Airtel, Idea to 'buy'
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgraded Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) and Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS) to 'buy' from 'neutral' citing the positive outcome of the 2G auction this week.
BoA-Merrill said the "deep" under-performance in both stocks over the past 12 months, potential for more favourable policy decisions in areas such as spectrum pricing, and prospect of "strong" fiscal 2014-15 earnings growth would drive Bharti and Idea.
An auction of 2G airwaves attracted less demand than targeted by the government, leading to lower prices that are giving a respite to the debt-ridden industry.
Bharti gains 3.5 percent, heading towards its fourth day of gains. Idea is up 1.5 percent, gaining for a second day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this