Merrill raises Bharti Airtel, Idea to 'buy'
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgraded Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) and Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS) to 'buy' from 'neutral' citing the positive outcome of the 2G auction this week.
BoA-Merrill said the "deep" under-performance in both stocks over the past 12 months, potential for more favourable policy decisions in areas such as spectrum pricing, and prospect of "strong" fiscal 2014-15 earnings growth would drive Bharti and Idea.
An auction of 2G airwaves attracted less demand than targeted by the government, leading to lower prices that are giving a respite to the debt-ridden industry.
Bharti gains 3.5 percent, heading towards its fourth day of gains. Idea is up 1.5 percent, gaining for a second day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 5-U.S. further delays final decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video