Inter welcome back Samuel and Ranocchia for Cagliari game
ROME (Reuters) - Inter Milan centre-backs Andrea Ranocchia and Walter Samuel will both be available for Sunday's Serie A match with Cagliari (1400 GMT) after returning to full training on Thursday following injuries, Italian media said on Friday.
The two players were injured during the 3-1 win at Juventus a fortnight ago and, according to La Repubblica, could both be in the squad for the clash.
Inter, who have struggled with injuries this season, will have to do without attacker Freddy Guarin after he suffered a thigh strain during their 3-2 defeat at Atalanta last Sunday.
However, they have also welcomed back midfielders Philippe Coutinho and Wesley Sneijder, who took part in training on Wednesday.
Coutinho could be in the squad to face Cagliari, although it is unlikely that Dutch international Sneijder will play any part.
Andrea Stramaccioni's side are in second place in Serie A, four points behind champions and leaders Juventus.
(Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
The 17th Asian Games opened in a multi-coloured blaze of fireworks and carefully crafted K-Pop routines on Friday, as athletes from the world's most populous region came together in pursuit of gold and glory in South Korea. Full Article