Inter welcome back Samuel and Ranocchia for Cagliari game
ROME (Reuters) - Inter Milan centre-backs Andrea Ranocchia and Walter Samuel will both be available for Sunday's Serie A match with Cagliari (1400 GMT) after returning to full training on Thursday following injuries, Italian media said on Friday.
The two players were injured during the 3-1 win at Juventus a fortnight ago and, according to La Repubblica, could both be in the squad for the clash.
Inter, who have struggled with injuries this season, will have to do without attacker Freddy Guarin after he suffered a thigh strain during their 3-2 defeat at Atalanta last Sunday.
However, they have also welcomed back midfielders Philippe Coutinho and Wesley Sneijder, who took part in training on Wednesday.
Coutinho could be in the squad to face Cagliari, although it is unlikely that Dutch international Sneijder will play any part.
Andrea Stramaccioni's side are in second place in Serie A, four points behind champions and leaders Juventus.
(Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- REFILE-Slain journalist's employer publishes email to family from Islamic State
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Top seed Novak Djokovic and number two Roger Federer are favored to wage another title showdown in the last grand slam of 2014, although some emerging young guns have other ideas for the U.S. Open starting on Monday. Full Article