Hoya to buy Seiko Epson eyeglass lens ops, targets global expansion
TOKYO (Reuters) - Hoya Corp (7741.T) said on Friday it will take control of Seiko Epson Corp's (6724.T) eyeglass lens development and manufacturing business as part of a partnership to expand sales of eyewear products globally.
Hoya, which did not disclose the deal price, said it will first take a 30 percent stake in Seiko's wholly owned subsidiary Seiko Optical Products Co on February 1 next year and will take an additional 20 percent of the eyeglass lens maker on March 31, 2014.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars