Hoya to buy Seiko Epson eyeglass lens ops, targets global expansion
TOKYO (Reuters) - Hoya Corp (7741.T) said on Friday it will take control of Seiko Epson Corp's (6724.T) eyeglass lens development and manufacturing business as part of a partnership to expand sales of eyewear products globally.
Hoya, which did not disclose the deal price, said it will first take a 30 percent stake in Seiko's wholly owned subsidiary Seiko Optical Products Co on February 1 next year and will take an additional 20 percent of the eyeglass lens maker on March 31, 2014.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Latest Obamacare legal knot won't be easy to untangle
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- UPDATE 1-Netanyahu asks Kerry to help resume U.S. flights to Israel
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials