Hoya to buy Seiko Epson eyeglass lens ops, targets global expansion
TOKYO (Reuters) - Hoya Corp (7741.T) said on Friday it will take control of Seiko Epson Corp's (6724.T) eyeglass lens development and manufacturing business as part of a partnership to expand sales of eyewear products globally.
Hoya, which did not disclose the deal price, said it will first take a 30 percent stake in Seiko's wholly owned subsidiary Seiko Optical Products Co on February 1 next year and will take an additional 20 percent of the eyeglass lens maker on March 31, 2014.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 12-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones