Cisco to buy cloud-networking start-up Meraki for $1.2 bln
REUTERS - Networking equipment company Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.O) said it will buy privately held cloud networking company Meraki for $1.2 billion in cash as part of its cloud and networking strategy.
Cisco said the acquisition of Meraki, which was founded by members of MIT's Laboratory for Computer Science, is expected to close in the second quarter of Cisco's 2013 fiscal year and is subject to regulatory approval.
(Reporting by Nicola Leske)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- Coca-Cola announces growth plan as profit falls 14 pct
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article