Cisco to buy cloud-networking start-up Meraki for $1.2 bln
REUTERS - Networking equipment company Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.O) said it will buy privately held cloud networking company Meraki for $1.2 billion in cash as part of its cloud and networking strategy.
Cisco said the acquisition of Meraki, which was founded by members of MIT's Laboratory for Computer Science, is expected to close in the second quarter of Cisco's 2013 fiscal year and is subject to regulatory approval.
(Reporting by Nicola Leske)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article