Maruti Suzuki, M&M rally on sales hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) gain on hopes for rising sales this month as part of the festival season.
Sharekhan said both Maruti and Mahindra & Mahindra will outperform the sector in the near-term, citing a "strong" order backlog, according to an email to clients.
Six models from the two companies, including the Maruti Dzire and the Mahindra XUV 500, have pending orders of about 170,000 units, or as much as 75 percent of the average monthly passenger vehicle sales recorded in the broader sector, as per Sharekhan calculations.
A weakening Japanese yen is also helping Maruti Suzuki shares given expectations it will reduce the cost of royalty payments to Suzuki Motor.
Maruti shares gain 3.9 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive