Maruti Suzuki, M&M rally on sales hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) gain on hopes for rising sales this month as part of the festival season.
Sharekhan said both Maruti and Mahindra & Mahindra will outperform the sector in the near-term, citing a "strong" order backlog, according to an email to clients.
Six models from the two companies, including the Maruti Dzire and the Mahindra XUV 500, have pending orders of about 170,000 units, or as much as 75 percent of the average monthly passenger vehicle sales recorded in the broader sector, as per Sharekhan calculations.
A weakening Japanese yen is also helping Maruti Suzuki shares given expectations it will reduce the cost of royalty payments to Suzuki Motor.
Maruti shares gain 3.9 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- Liberia president sacks 10 officials told to return to fight Ebola
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video