Maruti Suzuki, M&M rally on sales hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) gain on hopes for rising sales this month as part of the festival season.
Sharekhan said both Maruti and Mahindra & Mahindra will outperform the sector in the near-term, citing a "strong" order backlog, according to an email to clients.
Six models from the two companies, including the Maruti Dzire and the Mahindra XUV 500, have pending orders of about 170,000 units, or as much as 75 percent of the average monthly passenger vehicle sales recorded in the broader sector, as per Sharekhan calculations.
A weakening Japanese yen is also helping Maruti Suzuki shares given expectations it will reduce the cost of royalty payments to Suzuki Motor.
Maruti shares gain 3.9 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
Indian conglomerate Larsen & Toubro said on Monday revenue totalled 191.23 billion Indian rupees ($3.2 billion) in the first quarter, beating analyst forecasts, after a rise in orders from international clients. Full Article