Maruti Suzuki, M&M rally on sales hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) gain on hopes for rising sales this month as part of the festival season.
Sharekhan said both Maruti and Mahindra & Mahindra will outperform the sector in the near-term, citing a "strong" order backlog, according to an email to clients.
Six models from the two companies, including the Maruti Dzire and the Mahindra XUV 500, have pending orders of about 170,000 units, or as much as 75 percent of the average monthly passenger vehicle sales recorded in the broader sector, as per Sharekhan calculations.
A weakening Japanese yen is also helping Maruti Suzuki shares given expectations it will reduce the cost of royalty payments to Suzuki Motor.
Maruti shares gain 3.9 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- UPDATE 1-Market Basket mulls ex-CEO's buyout offer as employees rally
- Dell, BlackBerry downplay threat from Apple-IBM alliance
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a U.N.-requested 12-hour humanitarian truce to begin on Saturday morning, and efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article