Maruti Suzuki, M&M rally on sales hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) gain on hopes for rising sales this month as part of the festival season.
Sharekhan said both Maruti and Mahindra & Mahindra will outperform the sector in the near-term, citing a "strong" order backlog, according to an email to clients.
Six models from the two companies, including the Maruti Dzire and the Mahindra XUV 500, have pending orders of about 170,000 units, or as much as 75 percent of the average monthly passenger vehicle sales recorded in the broader sector, as per Sharekhan calculations.
A weakening Japanese yen is also helping Maruti Suzuki shares given expectations it will reduce the cost of royalty payments to Suzuki Motor.
Maruti shares gain 3.9 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video