Starbucks' impact on Tata Global overstated: MStanley
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Global Beverages (TAGL.NS) fall 2.9 percent after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "underweight" from "equal weight".
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks(SBUX.O), which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
"The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios," Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: "Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as rising banks offset dip in miners
Investigators in Malaysia are voicing skepticism that the airliner that disappeared early Saturday with 239 people on board was the target of an attack, U.S. and European government sources close to the probe said. Article