Starbucks' impact on Tata Global overstated: MStanley
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Global Beverages (TAGL.NS) fall 2.9 percent after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "underweight" from "equal weight".
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks(SBUX.O), which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
"The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios," Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: "Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article