Starbucks' impact on Tata Global overstated: MStanley
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Global Beverages (TAGL.NS) fall 2.9 percent after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "underweight" from "equal weight".
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks(SBUX.O), which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
"The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios," Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: "Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- UPDATE 1-HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read