Starbucks' impact on Tata Global overstated: MStanley
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Global Beverages (TAGL.NS) fall 2.9 percent after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "underweight" from "equal weight".
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks(SBUX.O), which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
"The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios," Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: "Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight - In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- UPDATE 3-In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- UPDATE 1-Would-be millionaires rush into 2nd-largest U.S. Mega Millions drawing
- UPDATE 2-Canada household debt-to-income ratio hits record high
The Sensex fell on Friday to mark its biggest weekly fall in nearly a month, as rate-sensitive stocks such as ICICI Bank fell on caution ahead of the RBI's policy review and the U.S. Federal Reserve meet next week. Article
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article