Starbucks' impact on Tata Global overstated: MStanley
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Global Beverages (TAGL.NS) fall 2.9 percent after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "underweight" from "equal weight".
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks(SBUX.O), which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
"The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios," Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: "Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article