Reuters Market Eye - Technical analysts say any rally in ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) provides an opportunity to exit the stock after the lender has made a head and shoulders technical pattern.
AK Prabhakar, an analyst at brokerage Anand Rathi, says the stock could target 860 rupees from current levels after the H&S pattern.
ICICI shares ended up 0.3 pct at 1024.30 rupees.
ICICI Bank touched a low of 866.75 rupees on October 5, when a misplaced basket trade from a broker at Emkay Global Financial Services (EMKS.NS) led to a market plunge.
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves