Indian shares end flat; Infosys falls, Mahindra gains
MUMBAI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended flat as Infosys fell a recent uptick on the stock was unjustified given concerns over its business outlook, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose to an all-time high on expectations for improving sales during the festival season.
Infosys provisionally fell 1.3 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose 3.3 percent after earlier hitting a record at 942.40 rupees.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.05 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended flat. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video