Indian shares end flat; Infosys falls, Mahindra gains
MUMBAI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended flat as Infosys fell a recent uptick on the stock was unjustified given concerns over its business outlook, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose to an all-time high on expectations for improving sales during the festival season.
Infosys provisionally fell 1.3 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose 3.3 percent after earlier hitting a record at 942.40 rupees.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.05 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended flat. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen - report
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article