Indian shares end flat; Infosys falls, Mahindra gains
MUMBAI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended flat as Infosys fell a recent uptick on the stock was unjustified given concerns over its business outlook, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose to an all-time high on expectations for improving sales during the festival season.
Infosys provisionally fell 1.3 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose 3.3 percent after earlier hitting a record at 942.40 rupees.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.05 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended flat. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article