Indian shares end flat; Infosys falls, Mahindra gains
MUMBAI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended flat as Infosys fell a recent uptick on the stock was unjustified given concerns over its business outlook, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose to an all-time high on expectations for improving sales during the festival season.
Infosys provisionally fell 1.3 percent, while Mahindra & Mahindra rose 3.3 percent after earlier hitting a record at 942.40 rupees.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.05 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended flat. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article